Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 14: Two best ideas

There were many great examples and ideas about integrating technology that I learned from my peer's presentations, but there were two ideas that stood out to me the most. One girl incorporated both clickers (CPS- Classroom Performance Survey) and digital cameras. These two technologies tied in very well with each other. She had the students go outside and take pictures of angles and shapes and they then came inside and took quizzes/surveys with the clickers. These clickers were fun for the students to use and very different from their everyday learning. I really liked her lesson and the way technology enhanced the students' learning. The second idea that I really enjoyed was the lesson a girl did where she had the students perform a play and then she videotaped it. The students then watched the play where they focused on looking for voice inflections/emotions (which was her content/objective). This activity had the students very engaged and motivated to learn because it was so personal and meaningful. Both of these ideas I could see myself using in my teaching future.

No comments:

Post a Comment